[MlMt] Tags not stored with IMAP?

Alain Israel aisrael at pasteur.fr
Fri Feb 3 05:21:44 EST 2017

FWIW, tags are not maintained when using an Exchange-based server.

Previous comment from Benny :
*Good question and unfortunately not easily answered. I would claim that
tags as implemented in MailMate is the best way to do it with IMAP
servers. It is based on so-called IMAP keywords and some servers do not
support this very well, but this is typically servers which have all
kinds of other issues anyways. The most notable example is Exchange
IMAP. (Tags work fine with Gmail.)
Some servers have an upper limit on the number of IMAP keywords
available. In general, I don't recommend using a large number of tags.*

Alain