[MlMt] colored text

Wed Feb 1 06:08:16 EST 2017

On 30 Jan 2017, at 19:16, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> I seem to draw blank how to make selected text in the outgoing mail in
> specific color. The format menu has item show colors, but I can’t
> seem to be able to use it to change any text color. The markdown
> reference in the documentation does not mention colors. Neither the
> page with basic markdown syntax at the link provided.

MailMate (well, more like Markdown) does not support colored text since
there's no natural plain text variant of that.

The “Show Colors” menu item is a standard menu item when creating an
application. Originally (long time ago), I kept it because I thought I
might be going to need it. Since that never happened I should probably
just remove it. Sorry about the confusion.

In case of a follow-up request for color support: This is likely only
going to happen as part of some custom Markdown converter with color
support. In other words, this is also unlikely to be utilizing the
“Show Colors” interface. (It would likely involve some kind of
custom syntax like `<red>word</red>`.)