[MlMt] default thread count column

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Sat Dec 16 06:38:26 EST 2017

On 15 Dec 2017, at 22:34, Aaron Falk wrote:

> That's what I mean.  I want to apply it to all current mailboxes.
> Including smart mailboxes that haven't appeared (say, because there
> are no messages in them).  The current behavior is when a new mailbox
> is created it has a set of columns that don't include the  count of
> messages in a thread.
>
> \--aaron

Aah, you need to do one more thing. Once you moved the column where you
want it to be, right-click on the column header again and select item
“Use as Default Columns”. Then this column set and its arrangement
will be used for all list windows which have no own set of columns (you
can always check whether the item “Revert to default columns” when
you right-click on the column header is active — if it is, the view
has its own definition and this menu item allows you to discard it). A
few list views are exception to that, as discussed on the list recently,
and do not use default columns no matter what. Custom set makes sense
for these anyway (like drafts, sent).

Robert