[MlMt] Gmail stars vs flags

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Fri Dec 8 10:34:55 EST 2017

On 29 Nov 2017, at 15:20, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> Two of my problematic services are running on Exchange. Another is
> using office365.com. Yet another is running CommuniGate Pro which
> supports the IMAP tags but they decided to allow only a subset of
> standard tags (I am arguing with them but no luck so far — large
> institutions have their own ideas what should be).
>

> Exchange is unfortunately one of very few IMAP servers not supporting
> IMAP keywords.
>
> --
> Benny

I had a few exchanges with the people running the CommuniGate Pro
server. It seems that they actually do not restrict the usage of flags
after all. My testing shows that the standard flags are working as
expected but custom flags (tags in MM) are not — I mean they are not
transferred to another computer. They wrote that CGP supports custom
flags $Label1, $Label2 und $Label3  (only 3?).

Is there a known issue for MM with CommuniGate Pro?

Robert