[MlMt] Request to move 'QuickLook' and 'Save' buttons to left

David Ledger david.ledger at ivdcs.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 16:23:17 EDT 2017

On 23 Aug 2017, at 14:20, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 22 Aug 2017, at 22:35, John Cooper wrote:
>
> Randall Meadows wrote (at 13:05 on 22 Aug 2017):
> On 22 Aug 2017, at 13:56, John Cooper wrote:
> This command did not work in build 5409:
>
> `defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmAttachmentsButtonOnLeft -bool YES`
>
> Did you quit MailMate before executing that command? (If not, MailMate / the system may discard/overwrite any changes made to the defaults system.)
>
> Yes, I did.
>
> I forgot to mention I hadn't released it yet. I've done that now, but I also renamed the setting a bit. Use this:
>
> defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmAttachmentButtonsOnLeft -bool YES
>
> --
> Benny

Thanks very much for doing this. It makes Quick Look so much easier to use.

On the other hand, when you first said that you had added it I installed the beta (the previous one) and of course it didn't work. But neither did any of the Reply buttons or the New Message button. I reverted to the primary version, removed the default, and all was well with the message buttons. I have now just tried the latest beta (5410), applied the default, and again I can't reply or Compose. The only send message function that works is 'Redirect'. At least one other user obviously doesn't have this problem. I'll have to revert to the main release.

Using Mail on another Mac for this reply.

Thanks,
David