[MlMt] DIME?

Adam Liter io at adamliter.org
Thu Aug 24 14:21:44 EDT 2017

Hi Benny,

As you might know, Lavabit announced that they are relaunching
(https://www.theverge.com/2017/1/22/14350496/secure-email-service-lavabit-relaunches).

Part of the relaunch plan includes the development and open sourcing of
DIME (Dark Internet Mail Environment), and two associated protocols:
DMAP and DMTP.

There's a bit of information on this page:
https://lavabit.com/security.html.

There's a spec here:
https://darkmail.info/downloads/dark-internet-mail-environment-march-2015.pdf.

And the GitHub repository is here: https://github.com/lavabit/libdime.

I was just curious if this was on your radar at all, and, if so, whether
it's something you think you'd support in MailMate.

It looks like the protocols are still in development, so things might be
still way too new for you to be able to say one way or the other. I
definitely understand if you don't know at this point. I was just
curious!

Thanks again for a great email client!

-Adam