[MlMt] 2.0 beta vs. v 1.9.7

Wed Aug 16 09:45:49 EDT 2017

On 15 Aug 2017, at 18:21, Jan Erik Moström wrote:

> Curious, when was the latest beta release for the 1.9 series ... when
> I saw this message I remembered that it was a very long time since I
> updated MM in some way.

I've unfortunately only released so-called test releases which require
you to hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software
Update preferences pane. I'll probably get betas out soon though and a
public release since I need to do that before High Sierra is released.
On that note, users on High Sierra are welcome to report any issues they
find.

> The version I'm running is 1.9.6 (5347)

That is correct. The r5347 release is still the latest public release.

> and I have "Watch for beta builds" enabled. The MailMate app has a
> modification date of 18 feb ... I assume there have been updates since
> then?

Yes, just not any that is automatically fetched. The users on the 2.0
branch do get beta releases (which are automatically downloaded), but I
also expect them to be more tolerant regarding new bugs :)