[MlMt] 2.0 beta vs. v 1.9.7

Tue Aug 15 08:42:03 EDT 2017

On 14 Aug 2017, at 21:07, John Cooper wrote:

> A year ago, Benny mentioned that he was adding all the new features in
> the version 2.0 beta to version 1.9.5.
>
> Is the 2.0 channel still a thing?

Yes, I guess the difference is mainly that GUI changes are most often
only added to the 2.0 variant, but there aren't a lot of them yet. On
the other hand, the 1.9.x test releases tend to be more frequently
released (because this is where I first add most bug fixes).

> If so, are there differences in the two beta channels today? If you're
> using the 2.0 beta, are there unique features in it that make a
> difference to you?

The 2.0 release notes can be found
[here](http://updates.mailmate-app.com/2.0/test_release_notes). The
notes for release numbers starting with 6 describe the 2.0-beta-only
features.

Sorry about the confusion.