[MlMt] Smart Folder INBOX showing messages no longer in the INBOX...

Mon Aug 7 09:37:48 EDT 2017

On 31 Jul 2017, at 2:32, Mark Derricutt wrote:

> Noticing a strange issue, initially I thought I was having issues
> deleting/moving messages from folders - as some messages just wouldn't
> move, unless I turned own the "Source Folder" column in the display.
>
> I'm noticing that in the INBOX folder for a bunch of my Smart folders,
> that I see messages from both the INBOX, and my Archived folder ( it
> was those in the Archive I was trying to... archive - hence no-ops ).

Some times MailMate tries to keep emails in a folder after they have
been, e.g., marked unread. This is needed to, e.g., to make an Unread
smart mailbox work in a sensible way. I'm thinking maybe this somehow
went wrong. In that case it should clear up simply be deselecting the
INBOX folder and select it again. Steps to reproduce the initial wrong
state would be nice.

If it's a persistent issue then we can debug, but that's probably better
off list.

> Is this a Mailmate indexing issue? ( using Version 2.0BETA (6089) )

I don't think so since the emails are listed as being in “Archive”.
It's more likely to be an issue with the internal query figuring out
what is in the INBOX.