[MlMt] How do I enlarge HTML text in messages I'm reading?

Roger Bohn Rbohn at ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 28 23:16:48 EDT 2017

Hi,

In most text-heavy Mac programs, such as web browsers, hitting Cmd+
enlarges the font of whatever I am reading, and hitting Cmd- decreases
it.

This works in Mailmate for portions of incoming messages, but often not
for the “main” sections. My guess is that I can enlarge plain text
portions of messages, but if they arrive as HTML, I cannot override the
built-in fonts.

The manual says
> “Messages are displayed using a standard WebView. HTML is generated
> for plain text messages and it is styled using CSS. Note that you can
> change the font and/or the font size using the “Format ▸ Fonts”
> menu item “
But again, I can’t make this work in practice, except for plain-text
messages.

My eyes get tired, I use multiple monitors with different DPI, and I sit
at different distances from the screen. So this inability to enlarge
what I see is a Pain In The Eyes.

Is there any way to override the font size in HTML formatted incoming
messages??
thanks
Roger