[MlMt] Data detectors ... some substitute?

Mon Apr 3 03:47:11 EDT 2017

On 3 Apr 2017, at 9:42, Jan Erik Moström wrote:

> On 3 Apr 2017, at 9:36, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> Maybe you tried getting the date string into the email by dragging
>> the email into the composer? (This attaches the email as if you used
>> “Message ▸ Forward as Attachment”).
>
> No, I think I did a copy&paste ... but perhaps I'm remembering wrong.

Ah, if nothing is selected in a displayed message then “Copy” puts
the message file itself on the pasteboard. It can then, e.g., be pasted
in a Finder window. Pasting it in a Composer window would attach it
(since MailMate itself now sees it as a file on the pasteboard). The
problem here is probably not how it works, but that the Composer, in
general, is too subtle about whether or not something is attached.