[MlMt] Changing default app to open mail messages

Dave C davec2468 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 18:48:46 EDT 2017

I want to change the email app that opens messages when I click on them
(as when Spotlight gives one in the results of a search) so MailMate
opens. Currently Apple Mail opens when I double-click on a message.

I searched the net and see to open Apple Mail (even though that’s not
the app
I want as a default), open preferences, and change the default in there.

Problem is that the default in the field in Mail preferences says
“MailMate”. I tried changing it to Mail and back to MM but no joy.

Has anyone had to deal with this before?

Thanks
Dave

MailMate 1.9.6
Mail 10.3