[MlMt] Really weird bug--mail sent from wrong account

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Wed Sep 21 22:15:30 EDT 2016

Hi Kee,

On 22 September 2016, at 0728, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> I sent the following message:
>
> ```
> From: "Kee Hinckley" <khinckley at tivo.com>
> To: metadatasupport at tivo.com
> Subject: The 16x9 Series Image for "Difficult People" does not include
> the
>  title text
> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 10:37:26 -0700
>
> ```
>
> But it didn't go out via my TiVo account. The next day when I was
> wondering why I didn't get a reply, I discovered it in the outbox for
> one of my Google accounts, not in my TiVo outbox. And when I talked to
> the folks I sent it to, they confirmed that they received it from the
> Google address._______________________________________________

I have been meaning to mention this one for a while.  I have this happen
all the time.

The easiest way to replicate it is for me to click on a mailto: URL
somewhere.  MailMate will then generate a new message which is often,
but not always, from the first account listed in my list of accounts.
If I change the "From" address, it does NOT change the account through
which it is sent.  I am typically reminded of this when I get an error
from Apple about how I'm not permitted to send from some other domain
via my iCloud account and it rejects the message.

So there does seem to be some sort of a disconnect between what the From
address is exiting MailMate and the actual account used for SMTP.

It may well be this is somehow linked to what you've seen here.

Scott