[MlMt] New icons: pick?

Mon Sep 19 07:09:26 EDT 2016

On 15 Sep 2016, at 23:02, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Greetings. I don't want to seem that I don't like all the new features
> and fixes (because: thank you!), but the new program icon is "too
> similar" to the one for Mail.app, which I still run for a different
> account. Is there any way to choose which icons to use so some of us
> can revert? I don't see anything in the preferences.

No, there is no such option and I'm not going to include two application
icons with MailMate. Your best/only option is probably to manually (or
using a script) replace the MailMate icon after each update of the
application. It's located here:

	MailMate.app/Contents/Resources/MailMate.icns

The old icon can be found within one of the old downloads:
https://freron.com/download

Note that the old icon has some kind of issue with macOS Sierra. I'm
unlikely to look into fixing that, but let me know if you do and I'll
make it available for other users (just not within MailMate itself).

(I don't know if some third party application exists which makes it
easier to override “default” icons.)