[MlMt] Stop automatic download of incoming messages

Fri Sep 9 10:10:01 EDT 2016

On 8 Sep 2016, at 20:35, John Cooper wrote:

> Max Rydahl Andersen wrote (at 11:18 on 8 Sep 2016):
>
>> On 8 Sep 2016, at 18:54, John Cooper wrote:
>>
>>> So you want to stay online, but not check for messages. What about
>>> setting **Mailbox > Synchronization Schedule** to **Manually**?
>>
>> does not work - mailmate will fetch when putting folder in focus.
>
> That's surprising. When this option is set, the intuitive result would
> be only to fetch when using **Mailbox > Synchronize "<account>"** or
> its associated shortcut.

Synchronization schedule is mainly intended to control how much work
MailMate does when idle, in particular, how often each mailbox in the
account is checked for new messages. I can understand that it can be a
bit counter intuitive that it's “overridden” when selecting a
mailbox, but this is a feature.

I've got some notes written down about how some kind of flexible “do
not disturb” feature could be implemented, but it's not something I've
done any work on yet.