[MlMt] HTML Signature don't always work.

Thu Sep 8 03:16:03 EDT 2016

On 7 Sep 2016, at 18:48, Pedro Lobo wrote:

> OK, I think I nailed the issue. When I have:
>
> _Message View: Theme for plain text emails is Standard_ **AND** _Apply
> to HTML emails when possible_ MailMate ignores the signatures HTML
> variant and uses the markdown one instead.

Ah, yes, that would result in this behavior. It doesn't actually affect
what is sent by MailMate. An HTML body part is still generated with your
HTML signature. But the setting makes MailMate take the plain text body
part and convert it using the Markdown converter when displaying the
message. This allows your own display stylesheet to be used, but the
HTML signature is “lost” in this process. It's a bit tricky how this
is best solved, but it's not (currently) a high priority :)