[MlMt] Change default "from" email address behaviour

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Sat Sep 3 17:44:53 EDT 2016

On 2 Sep 2016, at 1:47, vincent at acheson.uk.com wrote:

> For my use case, Mailmate’s default behaviour of deciding the sender
> email account based on the addressee email account is causing repeated
> problems: Mailmate’s choice is not always what I expect, and I
> don’t realise the problem until after sending. Is there a
> configuration options which would force me to choose either before I
> start composing, or force me to choose at the point of sending?

I don't have a technical solution to offer, but I have a workflow
suggestion that might help (and has a side benefit).

When composing emails, I leave adding the addresses to To:, Cc:, and/or
Bcc: until the very end. The site benefit is that it means I can't
accidentally send the email before it's ready to send because whatever
client I'm using won't let me send without an address to send to. It
also means that when my attention is up at the To: box, I can glance at
the From: dropdown menu and make sure the right email is selected.

So, there is no technical configuration (that I know of) that will force
you to choose an option from From: alternatives, but this workflow might
accomplish the same outcome.

Sherif