[MlMt] Status: Gmail authentication issues

Sat Sep 3 01:43:00 EDT 2016

Hi everybody,

I've gotten surprisingly little feedback on this problem (for some users
it has simply disappeared) and I've got no example logs yet (logs as
described in the original message further below).

One hint is a user reporting that MailMate did not update the keychain
with new tokens after re-authentication, but this user no longer has the
issue. My current theory (*based on very little*) is that the problem is
something like this:

1. Google has a temporary problem and rejects valid refresh tokens.
2. Google has a temporary problem and rejects returning a new refresh
token (when re-authenticting).
3. MailMate fails to report when 2. fails.

I'm mainly writing to the list, because I have very little time for work
today. I'll be looking into item number 3 tomorrow.