[MlMt] New version broke fonts?

David Shepherdson david at shepherdson.name
Thu Sep 1 23:27:29 EDT 2016

On 2 Sep 2016, at 05.05, Seebs wrote:

> I note also, on the main window, the toolbar no longer works in
> text-only. Instead of textual buttons for the three actions, you get
> the word "Actions". I actually really liked having buttons labeled
> "Archive" or "Move to Junk", because words are more reliable for me
> than images.

There's a trick to getting the separate button labels while also keeping
the icons: by default, the toolbar buttons are using 'combined' controls
that include more than one button in the same entry -- and hence only
one label.

If you use 'Customize Toolbar…' and replace those combined buttons
with the individual ones -- for example, separate 'Archive', 'Move to
Junk' and 'Delete' buttons rather than the combined 'Actions' -- then
you get the individual text labels underneath each icon button (provided
you have set the toolbar to 'Icon and Text' mode).

This seems like the best arrangement, to me anyway, because you get two
cues as to what each button does, while (at least for me) still taking
up less space than the old text-only buttons did (though obviously a bit
more than the combined icon buttons).

David