[MlMt] thread-reading behavior

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Thu Sep 1 14:14:37 EDT 2016

On 1 Sep 2016, at 14:11, Billy Youdelman wrote:

> 2. If I delete that message while it’s open, no message is left
> selected. I’d rather the next message in the thread get selected.
>
> ...and opened, regardless if the message list is threaded.  Yes, yes,
> yes - this would be extremely helpful for me.

I wouldn’t want it opened if it weren’t in the same thread, but I
can see that others might. I think this is a preference in other mail
apps, “Open next message on delete” vel sim.

I also realize that the two scenarios I described are mutually
exclusive. That is, if the entire thread opens in one window when I hit
enter, then there’s no need to select the next message when I delete
one, since that message is already there in the multi-message window.

John