[MlMt] thread-reading behavior

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Thu Sep 1 14:05:02 EDT 2016

Here’s what I would like to happen when I click on the first message
in a thread in my inbox, versus what does happen. The view I get in my
inbox when there is such a thread is of the first message with the
little sideways arrow next to it, so I can tell it’s got some replies.
When I click on that message, or hit return while it’s selected:

1. That message alone opens up. I’d rather all the messages in the
thread open together, just like when opening multiple messages.

2. If I delete that message while it’s open, no message is left
selected. I’d rather the next message in the thread get selected.
I’m a keyboard guy, and while this isn’t a big deal if the message I
want is the last one in the inbox (just hit the up arrow), it’s a pain
if it’s not and I have to hit the arrow multiple times or use the
mouse.

John