[MlMt] Google login issues?

Thu Sep 1 04:45:17 EDT 2016

On 31 Aug 2016, at 21:03, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 31 Aug 2016, at 20:22, Kee Hinckley wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried any of those solutions yet. I _did_ discover that the
>> best way to deal with it is to hit cancel and then go reenable the
>> account. Most of the time it then succeeds without the 400 error.
>> There's no actual need to renew the token. Sure feels like a Google
>> bug. Maybe some attempt at spam limiting?
>
> This indicates that a possible workaround for MailMate is to wait
> longer between retries before reporting it as an error (but it's an
> annoying workaround, because it's non-deterministic).

I've done this in this release:
http://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/MailMate_r5258.tbz

By default, MailMate now waits 0, 20, 40, and 60 seconds before each
retry. Every time MailMate gets a new so-called access token based on
its refresh token. If this fails then MailMate still asks to
re-authenticate the account in order to get a new refresh token.

I haven't had much feedback on it yet and I'll appreciate if anyone
having the Gmail issue could try it out and let me know whether or not
it helps. Off list if you like.

Based on reports, it does not seem like the number of Gmail accounts
matter much, but there might be an indication that it is more likely to
happen if multiple instances of MailMate accesses the same Gmail
account... But this is pure guesswork.

It also does not seem to matter if it's a free Gmail account or a
business account.