[MlMt] really delete

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Oct 27 10:43:35 EDT 2016

ok, i decided to test.

  o i am in SOURCES

  o i subscribed to Deleted Messages on the server

  o i delete a message from my inbox with the DEL key

  o i look in Deleted Messages; there are eight messages there but not
    the one i just deleted

  o the right click menu on Delete Messages does not offer to empty the
    mailbox

  o i look manually (ls) on the server and the eight messages are in
    that mbox file, but not the one i just deleted from my inbox

  o use my other imap client and it sees that deleted message still in
    the inbox

  o i go back to mailmate but to Deleted Messages in MAILBOXES, and that
    message and a hundred others are there

  o right click on Deleted Messages in MAILBOXES does offer an empty
    mailbox option

  o i take the empty mailbox option and go back to INBOX in SOURCES.
    the nine messages are there and colored red.  in a minute or so they
    go away

  o my other imap client can no longer see that deletd message

so, Deleted Messages in MAILBOXES does not have the same semantics as
the one in SOURCES

randy