[MlMt] tbird conversion

Mon Oct 24 08:56:44 EDT 2016

On 19 Oct 2016, at 4:53, Randy Bush wrote:

> finally got long-term t'bird using SO to convert to mailmate, mostly
> because of spamsieve integration to tell the truth.

I believe SpamSieve supports quite a few email clients, but thanks for
trying out MailMate.

> there is a *lot* of contact info in the t'bird address book.  is there
> a way to get it over?

MailMate itself does not include an address book. You should get your
address book into Apple's Contacts instead. This would also allow
numerous other applications to access your contacts (if you allow it).

> also, i suspect it is learning addresses from messages in folders, as
> completions are yucchhy.

This is correct. By default, MailMate looks in the Sent Messages
mailbox(es).

> is there a way to tell it not do do that?

Yes, MailMate includes GUI options for this at the top of the Composer
preferences pane.