[MlMt] Behavior upon deleting an open message

Richard Rettke pc8xtebtkw at snkmail.com
Sat Oct 8 21:38:05 EDT 2016

On 8 Oct 2016, at 11:10, Randall Meadows randy.meadows at not-pc.com
wrote:

> To each his own. I prefer the current behavior, because it allows me
> to delete the message I'm reading, quickly and easily without my hands
> leaving the keyboard, and still leave the "next message" unread, as I
> don't have time right at the moment to deal with it, and leaving it
> marked unread (which selecting it would undo) leaves me a reminder for
> later.
> Hopefully Benny will be able to accommodate us   all   with a
> plethora of settings. :)

I too prefer the current behavior. I do not read messages in sequence
and prefer not to have any selected. Also, if it selected the next
message I would be at risk for accidental deletion. I sometimes read and
delete, and sometimes due to infirmity, double tap the delete key.
Having a message selected automatically could cause it to be unknowingly
or unexpectedly deleted.

__*Richard Rettke*__
*Laus Deo*
*Non sibi sed patriae*