[MlMt] permanently killing Organize by Thread

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:52:54 EST 2016

Every now and then, Mailmate spontaneously turns on View — Organize by
Thread. I hate threaded view and never want it. Is there a way to
prevent this from ever happening? I mean, I'm sure this is a minor bug,
and it's probably relevant that unwanted columns, such as Read, also
sometimes spontaneously reappear in my mailbox view. But Organize by
Thread sometimes turns on without any unwanted columns appearing, and
it's more annoying than the unwanted columns because sometimes I don't
realize for a few minutes what happened and start worrying about where
all the missing messages are, because I can't see them in the message
list any more. So I thought I'd mention it.

(I know that I'm not accidentally turning on Organize by Thread myself;
it happens — unpredictably and not often — when I switch to viewing
a new mailbox, which I do with one- or two-character shortcuts defined
in a keybindings plist. There's no way that I'm accidentally typing
shift-option-t when I mean to type i or d or gr!)

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com