[MlMt] Schedule posts

Kai von Fintel mailmate at fintel.mailworks.org
Wed Nov 23 14:18:14 EST 2016

On 23 Nov 2016, at 13:54, Jan Erik Moström wrote:

> How do you all schedule posts?
>
> For various reasons (I know, I know) I would sometimes like to
> schedule posts for a later delivery. Does anyone do that in MailMate?

 From the Help file ("Hidden Preferences"):

> Delayed sending
>
> MailMate has a “Send Later” feature, but it has to be set on a
> message by message basis.
>
> You can set a default delay for all outgoing messages by modifying the
> MmSendMessageDelayEnabled and MmSendMessageDelay hidden preferences.
>
> You have to turn default delay on:
>
> defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmSendMessageDelayEnabled -bool YES
>
> And then set the delay duration (in seconds):
>
> defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmSendMessageDelay -integer 180
>
> The command above sets a delay of 3 minutes.
>
> Once this feature is enabled, you can cancel sending a message by
> selecting it in the Drafts folder and using “Message ▸ Cancel Send
> and Edit” (⌥⇧⌘D).

I have set my default to 120 (which results in "2 minutes" being
displayed in the "Send Later" header field). When I realize that there's
a typo (inevitable) or that I'd like to reformulate or add something,
I'll do the cancel send and edit thing.

When I want to send something tomorrow at 9am, I replace the "Send
Later" header and write "tomorrow 9am" in it. The field accepts quite a
bit of syntax and turns red if it can't parse what you wrote.

-- Kai.