[MlMt] Failed to send message

Tue Nov 22 09:33:16 EST 2016

On 22 Nov 2016, at 12:40, Volker J. Geers wrote:

> I am a very new user.

Welcome and thanks for the support.

> I just imported the OS X Mail accounts to MM. But I cannot send
> messages
>
> Error: 	"Failed to send message
> 		Connection error (Connection refused).“
>
> What can I do?

That looks like a port setting issue. Go to “File ▸ Edit IMAP
Account ▸ ...” and check your SMTP settings. In particular, make
sure it does not say `imap` instead of `smtp` in the hostname. It's
tricky for MailMate to get email account settings from Apple Mail and
this fails in some cases on macOS Sierra. I believe this is fixed in the
next release of MailMate, but the current public release still has this
issue.

Let me know if this does not help.