[MlMt] Mailbox jump-up on click

Mon Nov 14 05:42:49 EST 2016

On 11 Nov 2016, at 17:59, Eric A. Meyer wrote:

> I've been having a strange problem with MailMate mailboxes.  When I
> try to click on the mailbox pane, sometimes the mailbox pane scrolls
> upward about a message; other times not.  This is hard to clearly
> explain, so I created some videos showing it not happening, and then
> happening.

I've seen this myself, but you are the first to report the issue. I've
only noticed it the first time I click in the message list after
launching MailMate. Something I do very often, but most users probably
do not.

> The problem isn't 100% reproducible for me, but I was able to trigger
> it pretty consistently by turning Distortion Mode off and then back
> on.

Hmm, that might help me reproduce/debug it.

> Even without any Distortion Mode changes, it seems to happen whenever
> new messages have arrived in the mailbox, but I'm not sure that it
> happens every time.

I don't think I've ever noticed it when new messages arrived, but that
might just be because I do things in a different order.

> And once I've seen the jump-up and then scrolled back down to the
> bottom, it doesn't seem to happen again until a new message comes in.
> (If that is in fact the trigger.)

I can confirm the first part. When it happens for me then it only
happens on the first click.

> Anyone else seeing something similar?  Better still, know why it might
> be happening and how to prevent it?  This is in El Capitan, if that
> helps at all.

It doesn't seem to happen for me on Sierra. Though I do see an issue
with the scrolling position changing after a relaunch. This might be the
same issue which just behaves differently on Sierra.

It still happens for me when disabling/enabling distortion mode.
Experimenting a bit also reveals that it's not related to clicking in
the message list. It also happens when tab'ing into the list.

I'll look into it later.