[MlMt] moveToJunk:

Thu Nov 10 04:50:24 EST 2016

On 9 Nov 2016, at 20:29, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 9 Nov 2016, at 9:47, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> There's no history, but locally MailMate does know the previous
>> (IMAP) location of an email.
>
> That's surprising, since I couldn't find anyplace obvious in the
> message store that would store that information. Is it persistent?

It's stored in a virtual header named `#old-source` which has the same
semantics as `#source`. There's also `#old-uid`. MailMate uses these
headers to keep track of what needs to be synchronized with servers,
e.g., when a message has obtained a `#uid` (after a move) at a new
`#source` then it can be deleted at its old source (using the old UID).
This is, of course, implementation details, but it would be possible to,
e.g., create an “Old Source” column for the messages list. Note that
this header contains the most recent *IMAP* location. Caveat: If
multiple moves are done quickly (or offline) then the intermediate
locations are quickly forgotten.