[MlMt] allowing .* for folder/label name in smart mailboxes ?

Sat May 28 10:48:06 EDT 2016

On 27 May 2016, at 16:36, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> On 27 May 2016, at 16:24, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
> And this kind of "All messages" + criteria is not going to make things
> much slower ?

No, I don't believe so, but you can improve performance by using
something smaller than “All Messages” if possible.

(Everything in MailMate is based on searches -- including your IMAP
mailboxes.)

>> There's no support for regular expressions yet.
>
> Are you telling me there is hope ? :)

There's always hope :) (Technically, it's probably not so hard to
implement, but I'm afraid users would misuse it -- regexps can be very
slow. Specifiers are the preferred use of regexps.)

>> Well, only implicitly using custom specifiers.
>
> do tell ?

Here's a [starting
point](https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate%40lists.freron.com/msg02220.html).