[MlMt] Column customization works intermittantly

Wed May 11 08:47:05 EDT 2016

On 11 May 2016, at 14:15, Benjamin Coddington wrote:

>>> 	formatString =
>>> "${list-id.identifier}${X-Bugzilla-Status:+${X-Bugzilla-Status} for
>>> ${X-Bugzilla-Assigned-To}}";
>
> Ah, yes - I should have provided this info.   The list-id.identifier
> value always works.  It is the two BZ headers that start to fail.
> Apologies for leaving this out.

Ah, I think I see a potential problem. Try lowercasing everything.
Headers are not case sensitive and although I haven't explicitly
required lowercase in format strings then it might be an issue somewhere
if they are not lowercased.

>>> I've turned up the logging, nothing seems relevant other than:
>>> "Warning: Unknown field parser 'list-id.body'" at startup or when
>>> viewing an outline for a mailbox for the first time.  That message
>>> is still output even if I remove my outlineColumns.plist file
>>> entirely.

> Yes, I've checked these, (and just checked again to be sure).. I don't
> do any customizations for list-id elsewhere.  I think that output is a
> false trail.

Still, it shouldn't happen and I'd like to know why it happens, but it's
probably not related to your main problem.

>> Or maybe this:
>>
>> 	defaults read com.freron.MailMate | grep 'list-id.body'
>
> Nope.. nothing.

Maybe also try with the `-i` option to make sure casing is ignored.

> So, it must be something with the two BZ headers.  Maybe I need to
> write a parser for them?   List-id works reliably.

No, a parser is just going to complicate debugging.