[MlMt] Column customization works intermittantly

Wed May 11 04:08:41 EDT 2016

On 9 May 2016, at 20:00, Benjamin Coddington wrote:

> Hi list, I'm new here.

Welcome. And sorry about the late response.

> I'm using MailMate 1.9.4 (5234), and it is very helpful for me to be
> able view a column that shows either a message's list-id header, or a
> concatenation of some headers from bugzilla.  I do that with the
> following file:

> 	formatString =
> "${list-id.identifier}${X-Bugzilla-Status:+${X-Bugzilla-Status} for
> ${X-Bugzilla-Assigned-To}}";

> The list_bz_meta is the column I'd like to use.  This column always
> functions as expected for some period of time after starting MailMate
> (an hour or so), however at some point it will transition to a state
> where it will not show any text for newly arriving messages.
> Restarting MailMate fixes it up again.

You are using several values in the format string. Does it make a
difference which one you would expect to provide a value? I mean, can
you reduce the problem to involve `list-id.identifier` and/or one of the
other values?

> I've turned up the logging, nothing seems relevant other than:
> "Warning: Unknown field parser 'list-id.body'" at startup or when
> viewing an outline for a mailbox for the first time.  That message is
> still output even if I remove my outlineColumns.plist file entirely.

Hmm, are you sure you are not using this somewhere else? Try this:

	grep "list-id.body" ~/Library/Application\
Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist
	grep "list-id.body" ~/Library/Application\ Support/MailMate/Resources/

Or maybe this:

	defaults read com.freron.MailMate | grep 'list-id.body'

> Any tips about how I might get this column to work reliably?

Based on your description I suspect there is a MailMate bug. I suggest
you try to reduce the problem to a single column and header value. Then
we can debug off list. (Ideally, I'll be able to reproduce the issue.)