[MlMt] Error message

Sat May 7 03:33:07 EDT 2016

On 6 May 2016, at 22:48, Howard Wettstein wrote:

> MailMate encountered the following error: “Server response: “N5 NO
> [NONEXISTENT] Unknown folder. (Failure) [THROTTLED]”. Command
> attempted: “N5 DELETE "Philosophy: People/Professional/OLD"”.”.
> Mailbox: “Philosophy: People/Professional/OLD”.
>
> I’m trying to move a misplaced folder to a better location. It’s
> mostly done but the old one won’t delete. The above is the error
> message.

It looks like it's already deleted, but for some reason MailMate does
not know this. Relaunching might clear this up, but if it doesn't then
I'd like to debug the issue. (Ideally, I'd like a sequence of steps
which reproduces the issue, but that might be tricky since I suspect
race conditions could be involved.)

There's a (possibly) separate issue. The `[THROTTLED]` part of the
response means that there has been more traffic between you and the
server than Google allows. This should only happen when initially
synchronizing a large account. Otherwise, it's a sign that something is
“looping”. Is it a large account in terms of the number of messages
and/or an account with a large number of mailboxes?