[MlMt] Gmail and "seen" tags

Mon Mar 28 08:25:29 EDT 2016

On 24 Mar 2016, at 14:19, Michael Smith wrote:

> I have a rule that moves messages from one folder to another when they
> are marked as read. The rule is simple:
>
> 	All of the following are true
> 		Tags/Keywords include Seen
>
> 	Move to Mailbox   📁Freron ▸ ReadMessages
>
> It works fine with my IMAP and Exchange accounts, but it does not do
> anything with Gmail messages. Does Gmail use a different method to
> signify when a message has been read?

No.

Where did you add this rule? Rules are only triggered when a message is
“added” to a mailbox. For something like this you would need a smart
mailbox matching read messages and this would then have a rule (with no
conditions) with the move action. When a message goes from unread to
read then it's “added” to the smart mailbox by MailMate and this
triggers the rule.

I hope this helps.