[MlMt] Can't change default mail app in OS X 10.11.4

Jan Vanvinkenroye jan at vanvinkenroye.de
Mon Mar 28 03:36:42 EDT 2016

Hi!

On 28 Mar 2016, at 4:48, TJ Luoma wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that when you try to change the default mail
> app in OS X 10.11.4, it seems to revert back to Mail.app?

I observed the same behavior with Mailmate on my systems. At work we do
have purcharsed an apple care support plan and
I asked them what to do about that. The aswer was:

Executeing

„/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister
-kill -r -all local,system,user“

and then setting mailmate as the default client on Mail.app.

I do not know if this works or not because on the machine I am currently
working at mailmate gets startet via mailto: Urls.

---
mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jan Vanvinkenroye

jan at vanvinkenroye.de * fon 07141 990 13 00 * mobil 0171 185 46 55 * fax
07141 4874986
Cäsar-von-Hofacker-Anlage 12 * 71640 Ludwigsburg