[MlMt] From vs. Sender

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Wed Mar 9 14:36:29 EST 2016

Hi,

On 10 March 2016, at 0305, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> I got a very confusing mail message today.

I get this happening all the time with MailMate, but, it's not related
to Exchange invitations.  Indeed, I've no idea what is causing it, but
the relevant headers are:

 From: mail-list at domain.com (user at company.com)
Sender: mail-list at domain.com
Comments: Did not say From: user at company.com at sender's request

Obviously, I've modified from the original, but, the result is the same
- MailMate displays the "From" as "mail-list at domain.com" rather than the
actual user who sent the message.  In my case, Sender is also not the
actual user's address.

Curiously, FastMail sees user at company.com for the sending address, as
does Mail.app - it's only MailMate which seems to get slightly confused.

If I try to reply to these messages, the reply doesn't go to the user in
MailMate, but does in FastMail/Mail.app/etc.

Any way to get the user at company.com to be recognised here?

Scott