[MlMt] enhancement, I think

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Mon Jul 25 09:30:12 EDT 2016

On 24 Jul 2016, at 11:16, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2016, at 23:14, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:

>> Why couldn’t MM store smart-mailbox info in iCloud?
>
> The problem is not where to store, but how to synchronize what is
> stored between MailMate installs. Currently MailMate cannot even
> detect changes made to the file storing smart mailboxes. A relaunch is
> needed when editing it manually.
>
> Using iCloud to store is also an unnecessary complication when IMAP is
> already known/configured and available for shared storage (and
> potentially cross-platform although that is not relevant in this
> case).

Yes, but Apple encourages use of iCloud for such things, doesn’t it?
And it doesn’t involves the manipulation of IMAP for non-mail stuff.

Personally I wouldn’t much mind if it were DropBox instead of iCloud,
but I think iCloud is a bit more user-friendly and doesn’t require any
special subscriptions. Many non-savvy users use iCloud already.

John