[MlMt] enhancement, I think

Volker Kopetzky mail at volker-kopetzky.de
Fri Jul 22 00:20:33 EDT 2016

+1 for the export/import user story. From my side that would suffice:

1. export mailbox configuration on desktop
2. copy one file over to laptop
3. import mailbox configuration into laptop
   - overwrite mailbox settings
      - mailboxes
      - Conditions
      - Submailbox settings
      - Rules
   - ? import tags (if tags have internal IDs, they could also be
overwritten?)
   - ? how to handle a mailbox that exists on the target but not in the
source?

On 22 Jul 2016, at 9:12, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2016, at 6:21, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 21 Jul 2016, at 12:05, Alain Israel wrote:
>>
>>> I agree, this is probably one of the only weak points of MM. However
>>> based on my experience with other applications, this is definitively
>>> not a trivial issue, and it is certainly dependent on the IMAP
>>> server.
>>
>> To be clear, a solution would involve some kind of private
>> “message” within an IMAP folder on an IMAP server (as also seen
>> with other email clients). This could of course be hidden by
>> MailMate, but it would be visible in other email clients -- annoying
>> but necessary. There is no standardized way to do these things via
>> IMAP. This also means that IMAP server bugs are not likely to be a
>> major issue.
>
> Any chance of an interim solution involving generating a tar file that
> can then be imported elsewhere?
>
>         --Steve Bellovin, https://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

Beste Grüße | kind regards,
Volker Kopetzky