[MlMt] Change font size in new-message headers?

Thu Jul 14 13:48:37 EDT 2016

On 14 Jul 2016, at 18:49, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:

> On 14 Jul 2016, at 11:52, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 14 Jul 2016, at 16:22, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to change the font size in the header section of new
>>> messages (where the to:, subject:, etc appear)?
>>
>> No, these are standard GUI elements. I believe the best way to resize
>> the interface in general is to use the Displays preferences pane in
>> System Preferences.
>
> That’s disappointing. I think they’re too small by a point or two,
> but don’t have a problem with the rest of the system settings, so I
> don’t want to change them.

With “new messages” I assumed you meant the Composer. If that is not
the case then you can change the font like you do with other parts of
the GUI (click on the view to focus it and then use “Format ▸ Show
Fonts”). The size of the headers view is not updated until after you
change the selected message.

> But which pane is it? I don’t see the relevant info in Displays.

I'm on a Retina machine now which provides a “Scaled” option in the
Displays preferences pane, but I'm not sure it's the same on non-Retina.
I cannot test that right now.

(On vacation, please be patient.)