[MlMt] search for different Flags

Robert Brenstein rjb at uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jul 14 10:52:59 EDT 2016

On 12.07.2016 at 16:38 Uhr +0900 Gary Hull apparently wrote:
>On 11 Jul 2016, at 16:57, Alain Israel wrote:
>
>>My comment will not answer your question, but
>>it reflects several months of using colored
>>flags and tags. My impression is that tags are
>>more useful : they can be used to sort the
>>messages, they can be searched for throughout
>>all mailboxes, they are recognized by most
>>servers (so transferable from one computer to
>>the other (except with Exchange), unlike
>>colored flags), they allow a relatively easy
>>visualization of who sent what, Š
>
>Thanks. This finally made me figure out tags,
>and yes, they seem quite handy! The "T" modifier
>in Search View is great! Thanks again.

Can you elaborate on the T modifier for a
MailMate newbie coming from Eudora? I am trying
to come to grips with flags and tags and having
fits and frustrations.

I just tried to tag a single email with 1 tag and
436 emails got tagged with 2 tags, and I can't
undo that so far. On the plus side, I got one
smart mailbox that shows all tagged emails and
another that shows all flagged emails.

Having only keyboard shortcuts for dealing with
flags and tags is really a major shortcoming for
me. I am not only overloaded with things to
remember as it is, I also prefer using mouse over
keyboard.

Are tags really freely transferred through IMAP
servers? The documentation says that IMAP tags
are only reliable. I was watching communication
with one or two of my server and they showed the
list of accepted tags, which were the standard
IMAP tags as listed in the Mailmate doc.

Robert