[MlMt] No mail in Activity Pane [BusyMac Support #75374]

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Jul 13 13:55:10 EDT 2016

On 12 Jul 2016, at 6:23, Frank Schots wrote:

> Hi Benny
>
> As you could see I began my question at busycal ( [BusyMac Support
> #75374])
> As stated in my openingspost I did enable Spotlight Search.
> I did not (in Mailmate) specify another place for the message base.

I think this is the issue.

Spotlight handles ~/Library/ in a special way that does not seem to be
configurable in El Capitan. In the past, if you unset the 'hidden' flag
on ~/Library/, Spotlight would index it and show results in Finder
searches of your home directory or "This Mac." In El Capitan, this has
changed. Unless you explicitly search ~/Library/ (or a subdirectory of
it,) you are not shown results inside it in Finder searches. I'm not
sure how that relates to the BusyCal interaction with the
Spotlight/metadata APIs, but those may act in a similar way.

> As stated in one of the help pages Spotlight is indeed the man in  the
> middle who should do the trick. However: on the same page it is stated
> that
> Spotlight ignores message files in presenting results.

That page (Title: Preferences) also says, immediately after that note:

	Therefore MailMate offers the slightly mysterious “Custom location”
	option which can be used to move the Messages folder to a Spotlight
	searched location