[MlMt] How to put the cursor at the bottom of the original email when replying / forwarding?

Vlad Ghitulescu Vlad at Ghitulescu.de
Sun Jan 31 02:25:41 EST 2016

On 28 Jan 2016, at 22:13, David Shepherdson wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2016, at 07.05, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:
>
>> I'm using the BBEdit-command in order to edit my email-messages in
>> BBEdit.
>>
>> Is there a way to position the cursor at the bottom of the email when
>> replying / forwarding an email?
>
> Isn’t this controlled by the Caret Placement option in the
> Signatures section of MailMate’s preferences? I have it set to Above
> Signature (with the ‘Default signature placement’ set to Bottom),
> and the cursor appears exactly where I would expect (when editing in
> MailMate, but as per the other thread I would expect it to be the same
> in an external editor).
>
> David

Something changed and I don't know what.

I still have the Caret Placement option in the Signatures > section of
MailMate’s preferences as you suggested (*(…) set to Above Signature
 > (with the ‘Default signature placement’ set to Bottom) (…)*),
but now **every reply put my cursor at the top again** :-(

Any idea, what could have happened?

Thanks!

Regards,
Vlad

P.S. At leas this happens now whitout activating the whole line, so it
seems that the change in edit.sh still works. I append the old and the
new edit.sh-file, just for reference.

=== old
#!/bin/bash

PATH="${PATH}:/usr/local/bin/:${HOME}/bin"

if which -s bbedit; then
	bbedit --wait --resume --clean +${MM_LINE_NUMBER} --pipe-title
"${MM_TITLE:-(no subject)}" "${MM_EDIT_FILEPATH}"
else
	osascript -e 'tell app "MailMate" to display dialog "Make sure you have
the “bbedit” command installed. See the “BBEdit ▸ Install
Command Line Tools” menu item within BBEdit." buttons "OK" default
button 1 with title "Unable to locate BBEdit"' >/dev/null 2>&1 &
fi
===

=== new
#!/bin/bash

PATH="${PATH}:/usr/local/bin/:${HOME}/bin"

if which -s bbedit; then
	bbedit --wait --resume --clean --pipe-title "${MM_TITLE:-(no subject)}"