[MlMt] starting with an active row - bug or feature?

David Shepherdson david at shepherdson.name
Thu Jan 28 16:10:39 EST 2016

On 29 Jan 2016, at 07.10, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

> As I mentioned in the previous thread, I'm using the BBEdit-command in
> MailMate.
>
> One thing that's a bit annoying is that after the tab BBEdit starts
> with the cursor in the first row **and the whole row active** (as
> after CMD-L in BBEdit respectively CMD-left arrow & CMD-SHIFT-right
> arrow in every other OS X text editor).

I’m also using the BBEdit command (but not automatically — I use a
keyboard shortcut when I want to edit a particular message using
BBEdit), and I also see this behaviour. I think it is a feature, so that
you are taken to the same line in BBEdit as the cursor was on in
MailMate; it’s just that BBEdit selects the line, rather than simply
moving to it.

One way to stop this would be to edit the file:

     ~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Managed/Bundles/BBEdit.mmbundle/Support/bin/edit

…and remove the ‘+${MM_LINE_NUMBER}’ part.

Otherwise, it’s probably a feature request to Bare Bones Software for
a way to go to a line from the bbedit tool without selecting it (like
the built-in Go To Line command does).

David