[MlMt] Workaround for sending a link from Safari via MailMate

Wed Jan 27 15:33:09 EST 2016

On 27 Jan 2016, at 20:56, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

>> ./defaultmailer -set mailmate
>
> Any idea?

Just try repeating the above:

	./defaultmailer -set mailmate
	<wait a bit>
	./defaultmailer

If it returns to `mail` then try again repeatedly. When I experimented
it usually worked after a few rounds. Probably some kind of race
condition.

The only other likely fix is to clear Launch Services, but this has side
effects (clearing all of your custom file and app bindings).

	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister
-kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

Alternatively, it might be possible to edit (or delete) this file (and
then reboot):

	~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices/com.apple.launchservices.secure.plist

But I haven't really thoroughly tested any of this. Use at your own
risk!!