[MlMt] Syncing and copy settings between Macs?

Vlad Ghitulescu Vlad at Ghitulescu.de
Wed Jan 27 14:28:21 EST 2016

Hello!

On 27 Jan 2016, at 9:36, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 27 Jan 2016, at 9:30, Jan Erik Moström wrote:
>
>> I have three Macs that I use, which currently have different mail
>> accounts.
>> However I want to change this a bit and I wonder if there is a way to
>> sync the settings between Macs.
>>
>> What I would like to sync is basically smart mailboxes, key settings
>> and other settings in the preferences.
>
> There is (still) no way to do this. The best you can is to
> “migrate” settings by copying `.plist` files from/to this folder:
>
> 	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/
>
> Note that you must quit MailMate on both machines before doing this.
> Only copy `Sources.plist`, `Submission.plist`, and `Identities.plist`
> if you are starting over on the destination machine.
>
> Other preferences are stored in this file (like all other OS X
> applications):
>
> 	~/Library/Preferences/com.freron.MailMate.plist
>
> You should only copy that file if you are making a clean install.

Would it be possible to move the content of the folder
~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/ in - let's say -
~/Dropbox/Application Support/MailMate/ and then made a (symbolic) link
from ~/Dropbox/Application Support/MailMate/ to ~/Library/Application
Support?

Thanks!

Regards,
Vlad