[MlMt] How to set MailMate (once!) to be the default app for email

Jonathan Ely brotha_j at hush.com
Mon Jan 25 15:15:58 EST 2016

On 25 Jan 2016, at 14:00, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

> I’ve changed the default app for email to be MailMate in MailMate
> itself and in Apple’s Mail.app.
>
> I’ve also changed in the Finder the default app for opening
> .eml-files.
>
> However… every single time I’m sharing a link from Safari etc.,
> Apple’s Mail.app appears (and in it’s setting the Mail.app it’s
> again the default email-app!).
>
> Is there a way to end this vicious circle?
 From what I recall, this is a bug specific to El Capitan. The user will
encounter this only if the default e-mail program is not switched from
Mail to something before the upgrade or installation of El Capitan.. For
example, I used MailMate with Yosemite, and switched my default client
to MailMate and did not encounter this bug. Unfortunately, I do not
think there is a way for the end-user to fix this though I hope that is
wrong for your benefit.