[MlMt] mailmate Digest, Vol 58, Issue 16

Sherman Wilcox shermanwilcox at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 17 12:01:20 EST 2016

On 17 Jan 2016, at 8:57, mailmate-request at lists.freron.com wrote:

> I have found that debugging key bindings can be tricky.

It’s true, and Padraic’s troubleshooting method of commenting out
and testing new keybindings is a good idea. Benny is always helpful too.

But the payoff is worth the effort. I would prefer to NEVER take my
fingers off the keyboard when doing email. Only MailMate lets me get
close to this. I have a keybindings .plist for changing focus among the
three panels (mailbox list, message list, and message), navigate to my
most commonly used folders, file messages to most common destination
folders, and more. It was based on the Postbox keybindings .plist but I
have revised it extensively.

I also have a few KeyboardMaestro shortcuts that I use with MailMate for
multistep tasks (maybe this can be done in MailMate).

—
Sherman