[MlMt] changing the synchronisation schedule under 5 minutes

Sun Jan 17 08:43:39 EST 2016

On 17 Jan 2016, at 11:39, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

> Is it possible to change the synchronization schedule under the 5
> minutes that are actually the minimum?

Not using the GUI, but I think it's possible by hacking the
`State.plist` files found in the subfolders of this folder:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Messages/IMAP/

MailMate should not be running when making such a change and I don't
make any promises that it'll actually work.

> I’m testing now MailMate and when opened in parallel with Mail.app,
> Mail.app is showing once in a while a fresh email before MailMate even
> noticing this due to the tighter synchronization schedule in Mail.app
> (1 minutes instead of 5).

That shouldn't happen. The INBOX folder of each account defaults to the
“Connected” synchronization schedule. This means MailMate uses IMAP
IDLE to keep an open connection to the server. Unless the server is very
primitive then this should mean that new messages arrive immediately. I
would need to see a log file to determine exactly what happens:

* Open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0).
* Send a message to the account.
* When the message has arrived then use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs“.