[MlMt] SpamSieve "good" mailbox not being synchronized

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Jan 6 06:47:46 EST 2016

On 6 Jan 2016, at 6:01, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 4 Jan 2016, at 17:12, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>
>> Per the SpamSieve instructions, I have a "good" mailbox to which I
>> move messages that have been incorrectly classified as spam.  This
>> allows me to train SpamSieve remotely.  The problem is that that
>> mailbox is not being synchronized by the MailMate instance on which
>> SpamSieve is running.  That machine (all of my Macs, actually) are on
>> El Capitan and MailMate 5187.  Is there something else I should set?
>> (I seem to recall that it originally worked correctly.)
>
> Maybe the mailbox has gone offline for some reason. Check all
> mailboxes in the IMAP account under SOURCES in the mailbox list and
> make sure none are listed as “(offline)”. A single mailbox
> shouldn't go offline without an explicit warning, but maybe this fails
> in some cases.

Almost certainly not.  At least, I don't recall ever seeing it offline
when I get back to the machine.  Nor are there likely to be network
problems -- both that desktop and the IMAP server are in my office, on
the same gigE switch.

Is there any way to probe that status remotely?  Or to trigger the
synchronization remotely?